If you stay in a region where the power cut is frequent or there is a sudden failure of power supply then propane generator is a must-have device. However, with the huge number of alternatives available in the market, it often becomes difficult to choose the best ones and know about their detailed specifications. Therefore here are two best propane generators for you to choose from which will give you the maximum power supply for a long period of time with minimum fuel consumption. The detailed expert reviews of these two portable propane generators are given.
Westinghouse Wgen3600df Dual Fuel (Gas And Propane) Electric Start Portable Generator
This generator is equally suitable for usage at home or on the go. It runs on both gasoline as well as propane. It is really portable as there are two attached wheels which are durable and the model also includes a foldable handle for which this generator can be transported really easily. For additional durability, there is a met frame around it which saves it from any object from falling into it and also saves the fuel tend from developing any kinds of indentation.
There will be a starter pack that is going to be provided with this generator. The starter pack is going to contain oil, funnel for the oil, a toolkit and the very basic user manual which will guide you on every single step. The assembling is really easy you will only have to fix the wheels to the body which people can mostly do on their own. Also, the hook needs to be connected to the battery. The user manual is going to be your best friend during this process.
It can be started easily with the help of the electric push button; it has a peak at around 4650 watts. If you run it at gasoline, it provides 3600 watts of power, and with propane, it gives 3240 watts. Propane has a longer running time, even though the peak is lesser. It is one of the best propane generators that you will ever find in the market and owe to its amazing portability feature make it even better for the people who need to travel with it. There is a user guide provided which lets the people solve their issues. Now let’s take a look at the main features of the Westinghouse WGen3600DF Dual Fuel (Gas and Propane) Electric Start Portable Generator.
- Efficiency & Run Time – The generator with dual fuel option can be easily run on propane as well as gasoline. It is a really quite device having around 62 decibels noise level when it is operated at a load of 50%. A 4 gallon and of gasoline can be run for 12 hours, and a tank of 20lb propane can be run for 20 hours both at a load of 50%. Even though the runtime with propane is longer the current provided is a little bit lower than that by gasoline.
- Maintenance – There is a warranty of 3 years on this product. It is also CARB, EPA, and CSA compliant, for the day to day maintenance and servicing one can do it on their own with the help of the user manual provided. However, it is advisable that proper care is taken of this device for longer durability.
- Performance And Features – For the people to operate this portable generator easily is provided with an intuitive control panel where the things are written really clearly. The engine has a feature of low auto oil shut off which saves it from any damages when the oil or the fuel content is really low. The gas tank has a capacity of 4 gallons which is quite huge; it also has a fuel gauge. The propane tank has a capacity of 20 lbs. other features include a 212 cc Westinghouse 4 stroke OHV engine that has long-lasting sleeves made out of cast iron. The function of this sleeve is to let the generator operate really quietly.
Thus the Westinghouse WGen3600DF Dual Fuel (Gas and Propane) Electric Start Portable Generator will save you from any kind of power cuts in your house. If you love to travel a lot, then this can be carried easily anywhere that you go. So transport is not an issue when you purchase this generator. This is one of the best products on the market, and it is highly recommended that you consider buying it. The long-lasting performance is simply going to leave you awestruck. Thus the final verdict is that it is one of the best portable generators available and so people should definitely get it for their homes and lead a better hassle free life.
Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel Rv Ready Portable Propane Generator
This generator too, like the previous one runs on both propane as well as gasoline so it is really easier for the people to get any one of the two available alternatives as the fuel. This device is completely RC ready and the good thing is that a lot of heavy duty appliances like refrigerators and air conditioners can be run in this generator. The other common household things like pc, TV, bulbs, fans, etc can also be run for a long period of time so you need to stress it out if there is a power cut in your locality. The Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Propane Generator is going to be your savior.
This portable propane generator has amazing safety features which save both the device and the person operating it. It has got a built-in protector against surge so that the device does not get ruined or it doesn’t malfunction when there is a surge and a lot of power passes at the same time. This keeps the device in a proper condition for a longer period; this is one feature to [pay money for. There is a battery of this propane generator which has the feature of fast charging. There are two types of start available which are the touch start and the push button completely electric start.
When it runs on gasoline it has got a starting wattage of 4750 watts, and the running wattage has a value of 3800 watts. However, when one operates it on propane, the running wattage automatically becomes 3420 watts, and the starting wattage then is 4275 watts. There are wheels in this generator which makes it portable for you to carry from one place to another. There is also one metal frame around protecting it from all kinds of external damages. Thus you prevent the engine as well as the inner parts of this portable generator from any kinds of dents or objects. Lets now take a look at the main features of Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Propane Generator.
- Performance And Features – There is a voltage guard feature that is inbuilt in this generator. What it does is that it prevents the generator from having any kind of damage when there is a power surge and the voltage overflows. During cold weather the start often fails. So the Cold start technology provided in this helps the users to start the generator normally even when the temperature is freezing outside, along with all this there is a patented fuel selector option so that you can switch between the two alternatives of fuel given to your anywhere and anytime.
- Efficiency And Run Time – The gasoline tank has a capacity of 3.4 gallons on which the generator can run for 9 hours. The propane tank has a capacity of 20 lbs and the device can keep your home powered up for 10.5 hours on it. Both of these can happen when the load given to the generator is 50% of its capacity. It has also got a 24 cc single cylinder Champion OHV engine. The engine has automatic feature of low oil shutdown which saves the machine when not enough fuel is available. During runtime, there is almost no noise. The noise generated is of 68 dBA at a distance of 23 feet so it is really quiet.
- Warranty And Maintenance – There is a limited warranty of three years on this model of Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Propane Generator. The service is provided by them worldwide so no matter wherever you live they will be at your doorstep. They have also got really efficient technicians who can solve any kind o issues related to this and other models. The generator is also 50 states EPA CARB compliant. Maintenance can be done at home with the help of just the user manual and no external help is required for it.
All in all the Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Propane Generator is a smart buy and one of the best of its kind that you will get in the market. So if budget is not an issue for you then you should definitely consider buying it for your house. Shift it easily or carry it around with you whenever you travel. This is going to be a purchase that you won’t regret later.
Thus we see that these are the two best portable propane generators according to the experts. This in-depth review is going to help you make your choice so that one can easily decide which one to buy for their home based on the requirements and the features. Both of them are really good devices and you can really buy any of them. So gone are the days when you have to sit in the dark, the portable generators are here to help you.